I officially said goodbye to summer on August 25th. It was a very sad day. I've never experienced such a bad case of the "Mondays!" I don't remember it being hard to go back to work last August, but this year was a different story. My first week of school couldn't have gone any better - I am extremely grateful!
Here are a few highlights from August:
- Stephen helped me get my classroom ready for the first day of school! He put together my lovely, new desk chair. I despearately needed his engineering skillz.
- My parents and I got to visit Katelyn for a weekend which never happens! It was so great to all be together as a family. Mom, Katelyn and I spend Saturday afternoon downtown for some coffee and shopping. Saturday night we did things real classy and had dinner at Whataburger!
- Stephen, L Rut and I went to a concert at a winery in McKinney. When we first pulled up, we thought it was going to be pretty redneck (and it was a little), but the jazz singer & wine were on point. It was a lot of fun!
- This Friday, Ashleyanne, Jenny & I had dinner at Zorba's. It was Ashleyanne's first week as a HS math teacher & she rocked it!! Back in February 2013 I visited her while she was still at Baylor and apparently I knew we would teach in the same school district one day.
- Friday was National College Shirt Day and our math department had 100% participation!
- At the end of our last teacher work day, my co-workers convinced me to teach a yoga class. So Brittany and Kelli got to experience my practice first-hand. I loved every minute of it! (teaching yoga may officially be in my future :))
No comments:
Post a Comment