Monday, August 25, 2014

my Victor.


vic·tor 
ˈviktər. noun.
1a person who defeats an enemy or opponent in a battle, game, or other competition.
Today I finished my third first day of teaching. Even though this wasn't my first rodeo, I experienced major anxiety about going back. Last year was extremely challenging for me in numerous ways. I was in a strange, big city teaching the most failed course in the entire state of Texas. I had challenging students, challenging parents, and challenging co-workers. With all of those factors combined, I was faced with major spiritual warfare. This summer, I completely checked out... until August rolled around and then fear... overcame me. I was scared to death.

Twelve days ago, I woke up and didn't think I could go back. I was convinced that this year would be a repeat of last year and I wouldn't be able to handle it. I immediately went to the Scriptures and prayed. I was lead to go to my classroom and pray over it. I anointed and prayed James 5:13-15 - the Prayer of Faith - over every single desk in my room. I proclaimed angels and the Holy Spirit in A214 and cast satan out from all four corners. After taking action, peace did come. Last week during teacher work week, I was okay and confident until...last night.

Last night, the same fear bubbled up inside me and spilled into this morning. I immediately dropped to my knees and opened my Bible.

"For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith....Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." Ephesians 3:14-17, 20-21 (ESV)

These verses and Ephesians 6 were at the forefront of my mind today. Jesus could not have been more faithful, gracious and merciful in answering my prayers (and all my prayer warriors prayers!) and sending angels to fight for me. At times, my students literally left me speechless because of their respect and good behavior. I was told some of my new students would be awful and today they sat and listened. Praise! Praise! Praise!

Christ truly is Victor. There is a battle going on between the forces of evil and of good. If we would just call on Our King, He would fight for us! Today I had victory because Christ fought for me!  When we call on Him, He wins the battle every single time.

Christ is your Victor too.  


an angel to remind me we are surrounded by His Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment