Tuesday, April 30, 2013

little secrets.

You know when you're spending time with your grandmother or an old friend, and they pull something out of their cabinet or buy their regular thing at the grocery store and you're like, "Why haven't I ever heard of this?!"?

Well if it hasn't happened to you, its happened to me numerous times. So I wanted to share a few of my little secrets.

>>The best coffee since sliced bread: HEB Cafe Ole--Texas Pecan.

I came across this coffee at my home church in Waco, TX, Highland Baptist. The college ministry served it every morning for all of the 900+ students to enjoy while fellowshipping and worshiping Jesus. You will not be disappointed.


>>The best topping for your toast: Mayhaw Jelly.

I couldn't tell you the first time I had my mayhaw on my toast. Maybe I was 4? I have grown up on it my entire life. Honestly, you probably won't find this at your local grocery story. You'll need to find a good ol' grandma around your neighborhood who knows a few things about canning. Mayhaw is a type of small berry and may not grow in your neck of the woods. If that is the case, you can get it at Amazon!



>>The best hydrating drink on a hot day: Sonic lemon water with cranberry juice.

I know that it doesn't sound that special or yummy, but trust me it is so refreshing AND cheap! And healthy. It obviously doesn't contain any of the bad ingredients that diet drinks do and it doesn't have a lot of added sugar. I have been to a Sonic that told me they couldn't make it for me, but I think it was the new guy taking my order. The Route 44 costs $0.65. I'd say that is affordable.


>>The best home remedy for highlights (yes, hair highlights!): Hydrogen peroxide, water & sunshine.

If you are looking for a way to lighten your hair for under 80 bucks, get to the nearest Wal Mart and buy that pricey bottle of hydrogen peroxide for $0.85. I have been highlighting my hair this way for the past 7 to 8 years. All you have to do is get a spray bottle, fill it with about 3/4 to an 1 inch of HP and finish topping it off with water and then shake it up. Spray it on your roots and hit the sunshine! Be sure to condition your hair afterwards. I have never had any problems with it drying my hair out.

>>The best restaurant in the state of Texas: Homestead Heritage.

There really are no words to describe this hidden community just 10 miles north of Waco, Texas. It is a group of people that actually live and work on the land. They grow all their own vegetables, have their own gristmill, raise their own cattle, and have their own cheese factory! The food is so delicious and fresh and clean. They also offer woodworking, pottery, and sewing classes, but my favorite part is their restaurant. You can read more about Homestead Heritage online! Below is the only picture I took the last time I ate there for "Italian Night." This was the best cheesecake I have ever eaten. It had a chocolate crust with a raspberry topping. Divine.


These are a few of my little secrets. Hope you can enjoy too!

Happy Tuesday y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment