Eleni and her husband, Colin, have gone the past three years together and they invited me this year (along with many other people)! It was so much fun. The bands that perform at festival are from all over the world. There was more than one occasion that I had no idea what the singers were saying, but they were all extremely talented.
I got to Lafayette early Friday evening just in time to listen to some eccentric Canadian guys wearing kelts. We weren't exactly sure why the Canadians were wearing kelts, but they were pretty awesome! (you can visit this website to see the line up from the whole week) After that we went back to Colin's parents house (they live right downtown where the festival was being held which was super convenient!) for some yummy sausage and shrimp gumbo. It was delicious. I hadn't ever had the seafood and sausage mix, but it worked!
Marc Broussard, who is actually from Breaux Bridge, Louisiana, performed later Friday night. I had never heard him live---he was legit! Austen (Colin's little bro) and I even did a little jig to one of his songs or shall I say Austen did a jig and I just tried to follow. After Marc performed we went back to the house and hung out with a bunch of family friends and I got to catch up with Eleni and Maria (her little sister and my friend:)).
On Saturday morning, I got up early to run the Festival 5k with Patrick (Colin's other little bro). Poor Patrick only got 2 hours of sleep and was not feeling well at all. His goal was to just finish. Just finish? He ran it in 21 minutes......despite lack of sleep, a cold, and the 130% humidity. I came trailing behind him by a mile finishing in 27 minutes. Not as fast as the 5k I ran last year, but thankful for being able to run it! Colin even woke up and cheered us on on the sidelines--such a sweetie!
We all had coffee afterwards... visiting and enjoying one another's company. At noon we went and saw some good ol' Gospel singers. They were actually from a church there in Lafayette. We sang some worship songs to the Lord with them! Colin's dad had Greek food catered for his friends and luckily there was enough for us as well. It was delicious and fresh--sandwiches, pita and hummus, and other dishes that I do not know the name of--I need to ask the Greeks, Eleni and Maria! Later Saturday afternoon Stephen and another friend of mine, David, drove in from Baton Rouge and met up with us. The three of us went around to various bands and hung out for the rest of the night! It was so good to catch up with them:)
![]() |
| Eleni, Maria, the gospel singers, & I at the main stage. |
![]() |
| rockin' out with S//dancin' away with DBlank. |
![]() |
| Stephen & I later that night at the main stage. |
Thankful for a weekend away to relax and play. Love and laugh.





No comments:
Post a Comment