For quite some time now, I have really been wanting a new bike. I have never been super pleased with the bikes that I have had in the past. They weren't bad, but I was never fitted to them so they weren't the best size for me and my legs.
And by the grace of God, He provided an opportunity for me to test ride one that was affordable and also by the grace of God, He provided the funds to make a purchase! This was my first big purchase in adult world and I was pretty excited about it.
So what bike did I decide on? An Ariel Elite Disc Hybrid.
It's between a road bike and a mountain bike. Meaning that it can handle pavement and gravel. Which is much needed in this neck of the woods. I purchased mine from Capitol Cyclery in Lake Charles. I would recommend this place to any of you out there that is considering purchasing a new bike. The owner and employees are incredible friendly and they know their stuff. You will not walk away disappointed. There are two other Capitol Cyclery's located in Lafayette and Baton Rouge.
![]() |
| super pumped at this point. |
It took a week for my bike to come in and I picked it up this past Friday. First thing Saturday morning, I was hitting the roads with my BFF, Mrs. Susie! She is my dear friend and she also owns an Ariel Elite. Her bike is actually the one that I test rode and fell in love with. I did get a new seat on mine. The one that comes with the bike doesn't have enough cushion for me! Ha. I decided on a women's gel seat. I still wore my padded shorts yesterday because I knew I was going to be riding for a few hours. Along with the gel seat and padded shorts, I was totally comfortable.
Her and I rode all over this little ol' town. We did 23 miles and it was great! The weather was only mildly windy and it was partly cloudy. I think the high was about 75---perfect day. I am extremely pleased with my purchase. I would recommend this bike to any woman out there!
![]() |
| before our adventure. |
I am actually going riding again today with another friend! Excited.
P.S. The pic at the top of this post I snapped in Capitol Cyclery. Also, if you have any questions about the Ariel Elite shoot me an email.
Happy Sabbath. All for His Glory.



My beautiful young friend! It was a perfect day for biking and I was so grateful to be doing it with you! What a blessing you are in my life! Thanks for helping to celebrate my 60 th! I love my energy bites! Now not to eat them in all one setting! Delish! Looking forward to our next ride! Love spending time with you- yes my new BFF , you keep me young!
ReplyDeleteLove this and love your bike!!!! After the baby comes, maybe I can get one and we can add riding to our Friday walks!! Miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete