Tuesday, June 10, 2014

strawberry banana muffins.

My number one summer goal (okay, maybe not number one) is to find 5 paleo dinner & dessert recipes that Stephen actually likes.

Welp, I already found the first one. Stephen thought these were awesome. Yay! So that means that if you have a beloved family member that hates healthy food they will probably like these! My friend from work shared a similar recipe, but I made it my own by making it paleo-friendly.

Strawberry Banana Muffins:
*Grain free, gluten free, no artificial sweetener*

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (if using salted, omit salt)
  • 1/2-3/4 cup honey
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
  • 2 1/4 cup almond flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
Directions:

1. Mix all dry ingredients together.
2. Mix all wet ingredients together, including bananas.
3. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Fold in strawberries.
4. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
5. Enjoy! (I promise they taste better than they look!! I still have things I need to work on >> appearance!)

Almond flour doesn't allow for a beautiful-lookin' muffin. Yep, I'm totally blaming the flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment