![]() |
| Lake Travis |
Technically, our time together wasn't a vacation, but it felt like one so that's what I'm going to call it!
We all met in Austin to honor my brother, Grant, for the award he was receiving at his job. My sister and I drove in late Wednesday afternoon and surprised him which was pretty awesome. He was happy(: We had dinner together that night and then went to the hotel pool so my nephews could swim. It was perfect.
![]() |
| pool time. family time. |
![]() |
| mommy & slade. |
![]() |
| daddy & holt. |
After the ceremony, we had lunch at the famous Oasis restaurant overlooking Lake Travis. It is one of my favorite spots in Austin with a breathtaking view - the food isn't too shabby either. In the restaurant gift shop, Slade found a snake book and told me the "only thing in the whole wide world I'm scared of is a Water Moccasin Snake." My nephews are sweet sweet and growing up way too fast.
Soon after lunch it was time for all of us to part ways. It was a quick 24 hours, but my heart was so full on my drive back to Big D.
![]() |
| holt doesn't like selfies. |
I am incredibly grateful for my family. The saying is so true "No matter what. You always have family."







No comments:
Post a Comment