This past weekend was lots of fun! On Friday night Stephen
and I had tickets to a Mavs game in Dallas. Neither of us had ever been to a
game so we were pretty excited. Our seats were a little high up (I bought the
tickets for him for V-Day), but we could still see the game (thank goodness!).
![]() |
| Go Mavs! |
We left a little early to beat all the traffic and on our way to the car we
passed one of the life size B & G letters that are all around Dallas. You
are supposed to stand in the middle and be the life size I and then post it to
social media (of course) with hashtag BigDallas. Interestingly enough, at this
particular location, there was this person dressed up as a bull and a girl
handing out fliers. Before we knew it we were posing with the bull in the
middle of B & G and the girl was taking our picture. It all happened really
fast and I’m still confused as to why there was a bull. Haha. That awkward
moment when…
![]() |
| Us & a bull? |
Then on Saturday sweet Stephen surprised me with a dinner date to
Texas de Brazil. We had previously been talking about the fact that we had
never eaten at a Brazilian Steakhouse before so I guess he decided it was time
for us to try one!
Really there are no
words to describe the amazingness of this restaurant. Once we were seated
our waiter explained that we could help ourselves to the salad bar, but this
wasn’t just a salad bar. It had
sushi, salmon, shrimp, lobster bisque, grilled provolone… who has ever heard of
grilled provolone? I could go on and on about the salad bar, but that isn’t
even the cool part. At our table, we had these little cards -- on one side it
was red and the other green. When you wanted meat you flipped it to green. Then there were all these waiters that
walked all over the restaurant with these huge skewers of meat. Every kind of meat you can imagine. Lamb,
beef ribs, pork ribs, sirloin, flank steak, filet mignon, filet mignon wrapped
in bacon, and the list goes on. The waiters would just come right up to your
table, ask you if you wanted that particular cut of meat, and then cut you a
slab! Basically, it was heaven on earth or as Stephen would say “GOAT”
(Greatest Of All Time).
Oh yes, of course, there was dessert too! He had the
cheesecake and I had the chocolate mousse cake. Needless to say, we rolled out
to the car… If you have never eaten at a Brazilian Steakhouse, I would highly
recommend Texas de Brazil.
![]() |
| 5 stars! |
As if that wasn’t enough meat to last us until Christmas, I
had Natchitoches Meat Pies on the menu for dinner on Monday! The past two times
I’ve cooked for Stephen, it’s been healthy food and he hated it. So I really
needed to prove myself in the kitchen. Haha. Luckily, the third time’s a charm!
He loved them. I got the recipe from OurBestBites. It was extremely easy to make.
No, I did not make the dough from scratch. I bought the box of Pillsbury piecrusts
(found at Wal Mart in the canned biscuit section) and they worked perfectly. Also, I'm freezing the leftover pies which makes for an easy future-dinner.
![]() |
| Bon Appetit! |
It was the perfect weekend to kick off Spring Break. Excited for some time to relax and catch up on chores!





I don't know how I missed this post!!! Loved it!! Nehemiah says "GOAT" all the time in place of "Go." So the song "Let it Go" because "Let it Goat" LOL... SILLLLLLLY boys! AND I HOPE YALL DID NOT EAT ANY GOAT... EWWWWW. Oh and it's time for a March Recap Post!! I MISS YOU FRIEND!
ReplyDelete