Monday, September 30, 2013

september highlights.



September was full of a lot of work and not enough play. Although, I did get to squeeze in a couple of fun things. Here are the highlights.


  • Some quality time with Lauren Rutland consisted of yoga, church, lunch dates, & dinner dates at grocery stores (P.S. The grocery stores around here are suitable for dinner dates).
  • I bought a "love" ring to help remind me that my Savior loves me unconditionally & I am called to love others the same. 
  • Prestonwood hosted "Harvest America" with Greg Laurie and Third Day lead worship! Somehow Caitlin & I ended up on the front row because apparently Luke has connections?! We weren't complaining!
  • I started a book called "Calm My Anxious Heart." But this isn't just any book. Earlier this summer I went to Boston & on my flight home ended up sitting by one of the most Christlike women I've ever met. We talked about our walk with Christ the entire 3 hour flight to Dallas. I received this book in the mail from her last week. Jesus is literally the coolest. This book is about finding contentment & that's exactly what I've been working on! Monica lives in Massachusetts and I don't know if I'll ever see her again on earth, but we'll be in Heaven forever together one day. :) 
  • Courtney had baby Ella!!! Isn't she beautiful?! I cannot wait to meet her. Congrats, Courtney & Nehemiah! 

Not pictured:

  • I joined a gym just for the a-mazing yoga instructor.
  • Linnette and I had a fun day hiking Arbor Hills Nature Reserve!
  • I became a member to my new home church, Prestonwood Baptist (beyond thankful, blessed & excited about this!) and found a Sunday school class that "fits."
  • A few fun, dinner nights with Stephen before he left to work in the field until February. 

I have a lot more activities planned for October. I'm determine to not let work get the best of me!

1 comment:

  1. I live this!!! You're inspiring me to do monthly highlights!!! I love that Ella made yours!!

    ReplyDelete