Sunday, September 1, 2013

love is trust.

"I will never leave thee nor forsake thee." -Jesus

Do I really truly honestly completely believe those words? Do I really understand the reality of the word never in that statement?

What is it about Sundays that makes it such a somber day...for me anyways. I don't know if it's because the excitement of the weekend is over or if it's because I anticipate another week of work or if it's because it's a family orientated day and my family isn't here or if it's because Jesus wants me to still my heart and sit in His Presence... I don't know what it is, but it happens almost every Sunday. And I, personally, don't think it's a bad thing. I feel like so many times people think they should be excited and happy 24/7 and if they aren't then something is wrong with them.

I think it's a good thing to be somber some days. To sit. Rest. And think. Think about the hard things. Brokenness...pain...old wounds...sin. If I never took the time to ponder and pray over these things, how would I even know they exist? And then, if I realize they exist, how would I ever change? That is why I think it is so important to think about the hard things. Thinking and praying and facing the hard things is healing. It's freedom. It's newness of life.

And in the midst of the hard things, I trust. I trust that it is only Christ training and disciplining me. I trust that Christ is healing me. I trust that even though at times Christ feels far, He is very near. I trust that it is only for a short time. I trust that Christ is saving me.

And through my trust in Christ, I am loving Christ.

love is trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment