Monday, February 4, 2013

seawaddle.

Rest. Healing. Play. Laughter. Celebration. 

These five words sum up my past two days.

At the start of this weekend, I thought it was going to be another boring one. Boy was I wrong!

Saturday morning started off with coaching my precious little Upward girls at church. Upward is a program through my church, with basketball and cheer teams,  that our children's ministry provides. The Lord asked me to coach the 4th-6th grade cheer team this spring. It has been a lot of fun! Little girls are a breath of fresh air after a long week of dealing with high school teenagers.


This little girl has my heart.

After two hours of cheering and a nice nap, my friend Stacey and I headed to dinner and a movie. Can I just say that I hadn't been to see a movie since June? Yeah. I don't get out much. We went to the matinee (yes, the matinee---a. otherwise we would fall asleep and b. all the old people go at that time and you can actually ENJOY your movie) to see Les Miserbles! It was AMAZING. amazing. I saw the play in London last year and really enjoyed it (when I was awake) so I had been dying to see it in theaters. Afterwards, we grabbed dinner at Luna Bar and Grill. It's a pretty cool place. It reminds me of Chelsea's in Baton Rouge, but a little less eccentric. We ordered spinach and artichoke dip for an appetizer. It was divine. I got the grilled chicken caesar salad as my entree and had no complaints. Stacey and I had a lovely time. We always have a good laugh. :)

Back up a few minutes. When we got to the restaurant my friend, Courtney (the one that got married in November), texted me about going to church the following morning. I didn't respond until we were done with dinner and I told her that no I wouldn't be able to because I was going to visit my brother and nephews. She then proceeds to tell me that the reason she couldn't walk on Friday was because she was at the doctor and found out she is PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I then proceeded to call her and freak out and celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still cannot believe she is pregnant. Am I actually old enough to have friends get married AND have babies??! It is so exciting.




No text response from me. I immediately called.

On Sunday I drove to Lumberton, in the abundant sunshine!, to visit my brother, Grant, and two nephews, Slade and Holt (Momma Shelley was headed to the Super Bowl). I don't get a chance to visit often so I was really excited to spend some time with them. Slade is three and Holt just turned one. They are both bundles of pure joy. After we had some lunch, Grant and I decided to take the boys to the park. Slade is now at the age that he repeats everything he hears. We had the radio on KLOVE in the car and Slade just started singing. It was adorable listening to him sing about Jesus. My heart melted. Then the radio host started talking about some event in Seattle and Slade proceeded to tell everyone in the car that "My momma is in Seawaddle." Haha. I don't know why he decided that his mom was in Washington, but he did. At the park, we swung and dug in the mud and threw sticks (child's play). The boys had a wonderful time and so did I. I am thankful for the time we had together.


Holt.


Playing with daddy.



Slade.

My sister's 21st birthday is later this month. I really wanted to give her her birthday present so I mailed it early! I got her a heart necklace that I knew she would like. She wore it tonight and sent me a picture. I miss her and cannot wait until we can see each other again. Happy early birthday, Katelyn!


I am thankful for a weekend spent with children, family and friends. I am thankful for time to rest and time to heal. I am thankful for a loving Savior that never ceases to provide.

P.S. I had to wait to post this until Courtney had announced she was pregnant. 

1 comment:

  1. I just noticed this post on my feed!!! Thank you for waiting!!! I loved it!!!!!!!! Your cheerleaders are presh!

    ReplyDelete