Everywhere I go I run because that means I'll spend less time in the cold. When my parents came to visit this weekend, I was real kind and turned the heat up from 62 to 67 (saving for Italy 2014!). My poor mother had to watch the Olympics in her ski coat and hood. She felt like she was is Sochi too. Haha.
Sooo.... I decided to cook something this week that would keep me warm! Chili!
{Paleo} Chili
Ingredients:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 zucchini
- 3 squash
- 1 bag petite baby carrots
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2-3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for cooking
1. Add oil to a large sauce pan, add ground meat, garlic and onion. Cook until meat is brown --drain fat, if necessary.
2. Remove cooked ground meat. Chop zucchini and squash.
3. Add oil, all seasonings and petite baby carrots to the sauce pan. Cook for about 5 minutes. (You can use any kind of carrot -- I choose these because I don't have to chop them!)
4. Add chopped zucchini and squash to carrots. Cook for about 5-10 minutes.
5. Add cooked meat to vegetables. Cook for about 10 minutes.
6. Lastly, add diced tomatoes and cook for at least 30 minutes. Stir occasionally. Enjoy!
I also LOVE a very similar Butternut Squash Chili recipe! I promise you won't be disappointed in these warm chili recipes. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment