Sunday, August 18, 2013

millsap & mineral wells.



Not only have I recently moved and started a new job, but my little sister has also set out on a new adventure! She moved outside of Fort Worth and works as a vet tech for an equine vet. I thought it was time for me to head west and see the place she now calls home.

Her and I are definitely living in two very different places! She lives on a ranch with cows, very large grasshoppers and silence. And I live in the city with parks, toll ways and noise. Both of our new towns are perfect for a getaway. On Friday night we ate way too much mexican (I woke up still feeling miserably full) and fro-yo and then she showed me the downtown of her little town. After dinner we were walking around and I said, "Where are we?!" It is still weird that we are adults and far from home. It's a surreal feeling at times.

On Saturday I woke up to watch the sunrise, read my Bible and drink my cup of heaven while Katelyn got some extra zzz's. It was such blessing to see the sky go from black to streaks of orange then pinks and yellows to finally light as the sun rose above the horizon.  Earth is so beautiful. I can't imagine what heaven will look like. While Katelyn was still asleep, I did some research and found that there was a state park just a few miles from where she lived. I thought it was the perfect opportunity to explore! So explore we did. The Mineral Wells State Park offers swimming, boating, fishing, rock climbing, horseback riding, hiking, and biking. We decided to hike the hills and brought Skyler along too. Unfortunately, Skyler is a bit of a diva and acted like she was dying the entire time, but we forced her to keep up the pace. It was a lot of fun! And how have I not mentioned the weather yet?! The past few days have been a miracle!! The high has been in the late 80's!!! Y'all this Texas and it's August. It's a miracle. During our hike, I told Katelyn it felt like we should be heading home to make a pot of gumbo and turn the LSU game on. Isn't it like October? It felt like it. Ah. It was such a great day! I am so thankful that my sister is so close to me now!

I headed home later that afternoon. Back to the city life. :) Stephen and I went and saw the movie "Jobs." It's about Steve Jobs the Apple guy. I would recommend it! It was very interesting to see what his life was like and how Apple was invented.

It's been a wonderful, restful weekend. My last relaxing weekend of the summer. Time to put my big-girl, multi-tasking pants on tomorrow. Vines High here I come!
One of Katelyn's many views.




No comments:

Post a Comment