I sit staring out of my new office window of my new house in a new city and I really don't know where to start. I am still trying to process all that has happened this summer... Jesus has moved in remarkable, unexplainable ways. I am still speechless. Humbled. Shocked. Excited. Nervous.
In early July I blogged about how I had gotten a new job in the Dallas area. Welp, I am finally moved and living here! My parents and I have worked like dawgs the past five days packing, organizing, loading, and unloading. You really do not realize how much you accumulate until you have to put ALL of your belongings in boxes and haul those boxes to another state. But I am finally starting to feel like I've accomplished a few things. I do still have to organize my new classroom at my new school (!), but that shouldn't take days of work.
I visited a bible study at an awesome church on Saturday night and reallyyy enjoyed it! I already made new friends. Eek! Ellen is an elementary teacher that just moved to this area too and seems like one of the sweetest people in the world so that's exciting! I am actually having coffee with the young adults director for another church tomorrow morning. I am in prayer and seeking discernment on what church Jesus wants me to get connected with.
It is already starting to feel like home around here and that is an answer to prayer. So thanks to any of you who have been praying for a smooth transition for me because your prayers are being answered! :) My sister is off of work this week and got here yesterday. Her, my mom and I ate at the cutest little cafe in downtown Frisco -- downtown Frisco is so cute and quaint. I loved it.
Extremely excited about this new city, my new job, owning a new home (to me), joining a new church, and having the opportunity to meet new people.
 |
| Home. |
 |
| My sweet friend, George, helped me move-in. |
 |
| Hannah surprised me the day I moved in! |
 |
| New school! |
 |
| Dream job! |
I loved this post! But now I'm ready for another Sojourner Story!
ReplyDeleteYay now I know how to keep up with you...so excited for your new adventures ahead !!-shelley
ReplyDeleteLove you -- Court and Shell :):):):)
ReplyDelete