These past few days have been a bundle of fun little birthday festivities.
This past Saturday, my mom and I went to the "big city" of Lake Charles 60 miles south of my hometown and had a girls day. We got a mani/pedi (I hadn't painted my toes since October--yikes!), did a bit of shopping, and then had lunch with my Mawmaw. My Mawmaw got me these unique gold earrings that she bought 15 years ago and had been waiting for the right person to give them to. How sweet of her!
After we got home later that evening, I had a huge craving for a banana with peanut butter. Most people wouldn't find this odd, but if you know me in the least you know one thing--I. Do. Not. Like. Fruit. Period.
I insisted on trying my bizarre craving of fruit and it was delicious! 23 years of life and I ate my first banana. :)
 |
| mom & i like stripes. |
 |
| mint candy apple by Essie. |
 |
| first banana. ever. |
On Sunday I treated myself to my own birthday present....
A trip to Boston to see my cousin, Austin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last time I saw Austin was in 2011 and we were traveling in Oxford. I cannot wait to see him in June!
Today is my actual birthday (March 19th). Unfortunately, I did have to put on my big-girl-pants and go to work! I have to say it is better when a class of 26 children sing happy birthday to you. My grandparents came up to have a delicious dinner that my momma cooked. Complete with boiled shrimp, sweet potato fries, baked zucchini and squash topped off with red velvet cupcakes. Yes, it was an array of sorts, but those were all the things I wanted to eat! And it was divine.
 |
| dinner cooked by the best. |
 |
| cupcakes & flowers. |
 |
| three generations. |
 |
| daddy. |
Along with all the love above, I also got sweet letters, gifts, voicemails, and texts from some of the sweetest people on this earth. One was especially dear to my heart....
 |
| one of my students. one of my friends. |
Couldn't be more thankful for the kind words & love.
Mary Kathryn,
ReplyDeleteI love your blog and this post especially. I am so happy you had a good birthday! I love you're outfits and the nail polish color!! I can't for the next post..... especially the upcoming ones about the beach!