Tears streamed down my face as I read it aloud to my mom.
"When I get out of bed tomorrow morning, I will arise with the sense that I am okay. More than okay, actually. The world around me, the one I step into when I leave my house, will tell me that my value and my worth are found in my abilities or performance. But I know better now. I have died to that old way. I have risen with Jesus, who lives in me and loves me. In other words, I am safe and secure. The old me that needs to compete, to impress, to dominate and to control has died. I am putting on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge according to the image of Jesus. I don't need to worry today. I am at peace, because my life is securely hidden in Christ. I will set my mind and heart on the victory of Jesus, my Lord and King and Teacher, who has created me for something wonderful."
from The Good and Beautiful Community by James Bryan Smith (you can find it here)
As soon as I get home, I am writing that down on paper and sticking it on my bathroom mirror to read each morning before leaving for work.
Praise the Father for His Mercies!
Today is Easter Sunday. The day that we celebrate the resurrection of our beloved Savior, Jesus Christ. "For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." 2 Corinthians 5:21 (ESV)
Jesus died on the cross... all for His Glory and our good. All because He loved us and wanted to save us from our own sin. He died for us so that we could become holy and righteous as our Father is Holy and Righteous.
May we remember this sacrifice, Jesus dying on the Cross, each and everyday of our lives on this earth. Waiting patiently for our future eternity in heaven with Jesus!

You brought tears to my eyes. Your life, attitude and perspective on Jesus and what being a Christian looks like has been such a great example for me. You make me want to be better. You make me want to reach what you have reached. I love you!
ReplyDelete