Saturday, January 31, 2015

january highlights.

This month has been incredibly relaxing. After the most crazy-insane holiday season I've ever experienced, I was ready for some down time. That being said, not a whole lot happened in the first month of 2015!

Stephen and I did have a fun day-date and we did have a Texas de Brazil one year anniversary, but other than that we didn't really do a whole lot.

We've been visiting a new church and both really like it! This past Sunday, the mini-sermon was all about what missions are, how we are supposed to be missional and what opportunities are available to get involved in the community. Stephen and I signed up to volunteer at a few of the non-profits that are affiliated with this church. I'm really excited to see where God leads us to serve and work for His Kingdom.

I really didn't have specific New Year's goals this year, but I do want to grow spiritually, emotionally and physically stronger in 2015. I believe having the opportunity to volunteer at a non-profit is definitely going to be a gateway for that. I'm also starting a new Bible study today! It's called the "Five Aspects." It teaches all about womanhood and femininity. I'm so excited to see what I learn through it. I also have felt convicited about the amount of time I spend on social media. So I have currently given up Facebook and Instagram until Easter. I don't think social media is bad by any means, but it was time for me to take a social media fast.

I'm so thankful for another new year! Four more new seasons to live, to experience, to play, to work, to learn, to teach, to grow, to seek, and to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment