If November wasn't crazy... December sure will be! I can't believe 2014 will soon be coming to an end. The saying is so true, "The older you get, the faster time flies." November was filled with so much good food, friends and family.
Here are a few highlights from the eleventh month of the year (in no particular order):
- Stephen's mom and step-dad spent a weekend with us! Sightseeing included: Dallas Galleria, Gaylord Hotel in Grapevine, a yummy Italian dinner, Sunday morning church, and the Christmas Tree Lighting at the Shops at Legacy.
- When we walked into Belk at the Galleria, there was a long line.. I thought everyone was real excited about seeing Santa Claus. Turns out it was JESSICA SIMPSON. My twelve year old hopes and dreams of being her best friend came rushing back in an instant!!! I used to adore her when I was little. I never missed an episode of The Newlyweds and saved every magazine she was on the cover of. Seriously, the best moment and surprise of my life.
- Stephen and I put up my Christmas decorations at my house and drank hot chocolate under the tree.
- I purchased new stockings from Heart & Home! They are perfect. Stephen claimed the red one with the snowman.
- Earlier this month Stephen played in the Turkey Bowl at church aka a flag football tournament. His team ended up placing third and he could barely walk for days! It was fun to cheer and watch.
- I baked the most delicious pumpkin pie cake from M Loves M for Thanksgiving dessert. Instead of 3/4 cup of almond flour I only used 1/2 cup and added an extra 1/4 cup of all purpose flour. I also did candied pecans instead of pumpkin seeds! I know everyone likes a good pecan. IT IS AMAZING.
- Some of my students wrote me "thankful" letters for their ASL class. The one above is from one of my students from last year. I had no idea I had impacted her life that way! Makes the job worth it.
- Hannah and I practiced yoga over Thanksgiving break. My standing splits is making lots of progress! #yogawillchangeyourlife
- Last, but not least, Stephen's mom took the picture of Stephen and I in front of the big tree in the Galleria. I love my country boy.

No comments:
Post a Comment