Tuesday, October 7, 2014

arboretum adventure.

This past Sunday, Stephen and I took advantage of the (tad bit) cooler weather and sunshine and finally made a visit to the Dallas Arboretum. Yay for marking things off the bucket list! I had been wanting to go since last November -- Skye and I almost made it on Thanksgiving, but I remember the food coma hit too fast!



The really fun part about visiting the Arboretum in the fall is to get to see and experience their Pumpkin Town -- literally...I'm talking pumpkin houses. In the small town, there are more than 60,000 pumpkins! Unfortunately, there were large amounts of small children running around in every direction and about 200 moms snapping their Christmas card pictures too. It was hectic, but I did manage to get a few pictures.





The Pumpkin Town was the only part of the Arboretum that wasn't peaceful, haha. Everything else was so pretty and quiet! All of the landscaping was very well kept. Hopefully one day I'll have a green finger...
Louisiana House-Birdhouses! 




Stephen freaked when he saw the sailboats... like a kid in a candy store! Can't wait for those lessons in the future!

It was a perfect day & we both loved seeing every part of the Arboretum -- the pumpkins were my favorite... I don't know if the rocks, trees or sailboats were his:). I'd love to go back when it's even cooler for an outdoor concert and a picnic on the ground!

No comments:

Post a Comment