We had an absolute blast! On Friday, Austin, Alex, Ashley (Alex's girlfriend), and I had dinner at Mi Cocina in Dallas and then walked over to the Rustic for some live music. The food was delicious (a froyo stopped also happened) and the band was great!
We tried to get to bed at a decent hour, because there was a lot on the agenda for Saturday. The next morning, Austin and I got in my car and were surprised to find my car would NOT start. Not even turn over. Oh, joy. So I called my neighbors... they weren't home. Then I called my mom and she told me I had my own battery charger in my garage! Score!
Luckily, we were able to get it charged and started in under 20 minutes. Just a small hiccup!
After making it to Dallas, we visited SMU's campus and toured the George W. Bush museum. I absolutely loved the museum. It was so cool to get to walk through each chapter of Bush's life. Do you know what Bush now does in his freee time? Paint! There was an exhibit showing all of his art. He doesn't paint mountains and flowers though. Bush has painted multiple presidents of other countries -- all of them are his friends! How cool is that? They were all so great! He really does have a talent. In a short video, Bush said he had never picked up a paint brush until 2011.
![]() |
| love George. |
Saturday night we went to the Bishop Arts District in south Dallas -- I had never even heard of it. There are tons of restuarants, bars and boutiques. All the buildings are old and have so much character. We ate at the famous Lockhart's BBQ. It. was. delicious. I'm still working off that brisket haha. After dinner we shopped around a bit before heading back downtown.
![]() |
| Austin: Sperrys and shorts rolled like a bro. |
I'm so glad Austin came to see me! I'm grateful for every minute we get to spend together. I love you (favorite) cousin, Austin -- cannot wait until our next travel adventure!







So fun!!! I love your adventures!! And how patriotic were y'all dressed when you went to the George W. Bush museum!! And now I want to go!!!!!! How cool that he paints!?!?
ReplyDelete