On November 2, 2012, I journaled, "Become obedient from the heart."
On January 5, 2013, I journaled, "Jesus, I give you my life. I surrender..."
On January 20, 2013, I journaled, "'For at the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but it leads to the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been called by it.' Hebrews 12:11"
On February 17, 2013, I journaled, "praying according to God's will includes the need to pray in faith, with patience, in obedience, and in submission to God's greater wisdom." (from my commentary)
On April 13, 2013, I journaled, "A word from Jeremiah: 'I will give them a heart to know that I am the LORD, and they shall be my people and I will be their God, for they shall return to me with their whole heart.'" (emphasis mine)
On April 22, 2013, I journaled, "'....as obedient children do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance.' 1 Peter 1:13"
On July 18, 2013, I journaled, "GC said, 'I will set you on high because you have known My Name, but it must be a purified you to be so exalted.'"
On August 7, 2013, I journaled, "'If you are willing and obedient you shall eat the good of the land; but if you refuse or rebel, you shall be eaten by the sword; for the mouth of the LORD has spoken.' Isaiah 1:18-20"
On October 6, 2013, I journaled, "'I am the Lover of your soul, Mary Kathryn.' -Jesus"
On October 13, 2013, I journaled, "Hebrews 5:8 says, 'Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered.' I love this. You totally understand how I feel!"
On November 2, 2013, Jarrett Stephens from Prestonwood said this: "What could Jesus do with me if my obedience was immediate?"
And finally I got it.
On November 3, 2013, I journaled, "JESUS IS TEACHING ME....OBEDIENCE."
We learn so very, very slowly. Thank goodness our Jesus is so very, very patient. It took an entire year for me to truly see and understand exactly what Jesus wanted me to learn...obedience. There is freedom in tiny revelations! Obedience is defined as, "compliance with an order, request, or submission to another's authority." It's the submission part that is the hardest for me personally.
It's hard for me to submit all my hopes, plans and heart's desires to Him...knowing and trusting that He is sovereign and really does have things under control. It's hard for me to not do the one thing that I want to do, but He says no. You would think it would be easy for me to submit to the One that holds the entire world in His right hand, but my selfish heart gets in the way. Thank goodness my Jesus is selfless and loves me unconditionally and understands my faults. Praise Him!
As I sit here I pray that I would strive to become obedient to the Father from my heart.

No comments:
Post a Comment