![]() |
| In front of Big Tex. |
I had never been to the Texas State Fair that is held annually in Dallas. It was on my bucket list while at Baylor, but I never made it farther north than Hillsboro. Since moving to Dallas I knew I had to make it happen. And who better to accompany me than my new friends, LG (Lauren) and Tiffani?! We decided taking the DART would be the cheapest and most convenient way to get there. So we hopped on at the Trinity Mills train station and headed south!
The forecast predicted rain so we all wore our rain coats in preparation to get wet, but luckily it didn't rain at all. As soon as we got there we started hunting down the food trailers. Isn't that the whole point of a fair? I decided on a BBQ chopped sandwich, Tiff got a corny dog & LG settled with a pretzel. We walked around and looked at all the different booths, arts & crafts. Then went and viewed the livestock. It reminded me of home. :) We figured we had had enough exercise and wanted to eat something really good for us. We all agreed a fried s'more was the only appropriate option. It. Was. Sinful. No. Words.
![]() |
| Favorite pic of the day. Hands down. |
I felt like I was on a real vacation the entire day. The last two times I've taken public transportation was in London and Boston so it definitely didn't feel like a regular day. I had such a fun time getting to know Tiffani and LG. They are both super sweet girls and I'm thankful Jesus allowed our paths to cross at church.
After our fried s'mores, we got pretty sleepy and decided to start heading in the direction of home. Oh, once we got back on the DART we stopped in downtown Dallas to have dinner. Since we hadn't eaten anything all day. LG's favorite place is Spaghetti Warehouse and she convinced us we wouldn't be sorry for stopping. It was pretty good minus the fact I was miserable afterwards! Now it was really time for PJs and my couch. We were all so ready to be back... we hopped off the train at North Carrolton station.
This is where our evening really got interesting. As we were walking through the parking lot headed to where we had parked earlier that day, we didn't see Tiffani's car. Then we realized we didn't remember exactly where we had parked. We looked around for a little while searching for her white SUV. Not alarmed, yet. We thought from all the calories and fried food we had consumed that our brain cells had been damaged and our short-term memory was gone. Then we saw a sign we hadn't seen before. There was a parking fee --- that we didn't pay. We. Had. Been. Towed. Tiff dialed the tow service number and described her vehicle to them. The tow service didn't have a white SUV. We. Had. Not. Been. Towed. The guy told Tiff to call 911 immediately. Okay.....now we were worried. We walked up and down every single row in the parking lot just to be sure we weren't overlooking her car. No white SUV in sight. (Insert reassuring statements to Tiff that her car had not been stolen here!) THEN I had the bright idea to check our train tickets to be sure we were even at the right place! We were at North Carrolton station....our tickets said Trinity Mills station. Ding ding ding --- we have a winner! We were SO relieved we were at the wrong station. Actually, Tiff was SO relieved we were at the wrong station. Long story short there was some confusion about which train we got on earlier that afternoon. We had some friends pick us up and bring us to Tiff's UNstolen car. (Insert Tiff's joy and relief here!) :)
It made for an interesting evening and many laughs to come! Y'all so need to go eat some fried s'mores at the State Fair next year and double check your train tickets.






No comments:
Post a Comment